artsy

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Common CORE Grades

It's safe to say, our team has been struggling with finding a way to grade all these assessments in an organized fashion. Some of us are using spreadsheets, while others are using student profile sheets, and others are using a combination of them both. I don't think there is a right or wrong way, it is just whatever works best for YOU. As I live it and figure it out which I like best, I will be sure to write about it and post my work to TPT. In the meantime, I want my kids to get used to our new grading scale. Our district has adopted an L P M E scale.
L means limited, P means progressing toward expectation, M means Mastered expectation, and E means exceeding grade level expectation.

How do you feel about posting the posters in your room? I like the idea of the children knowing where they fall in regard to what was expected for them, so that they really try their best. I also think it helps them be more responsible. However, I hate when one of them gets sad or upset when they get an L. I always make sure to put L in a postive light as well. It means you are learning!

We wanted kid friendly ways to explain this to our students and to parents, so I created these simple posters. You can download them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment