artsy

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

I really did have the best of intentions.. Reading Workshop and some Freebies!

So I really did have good intentions when creating this blog. I wanted to be able to write about what my co-teachers and I have been up to. Well life got in the way, but I am excited to share what we have been doing in Readers' Workshop!

My co-teacher was up late one night last year looking for a concrete reading plan. We do not have a reading series, and just felt it was time to push all of our mix match stuff away. We really wanted to make this time as fun and engaging as our other subjects, without purchasing a reading series. Anyway, my teacher ran onto Georgia's website and the Units the state of GA has created for first grade. And let me tell you, GA, you have it together! We have LOVED following your plan. Thank you! If you haven't seen them, take a look! I have saved them in Google Docs...
First Nine Weeks
Second Nine Weeks
Third Nine Weeks
Fourth Nine Weeks

The first extended text in the first nine weeks is, The Wizard of Oz.
This inspired me to make this Wizard of Oz unit, here. This is a 38 page packet that includes so many reading and writing activities, as well as a narrative template, and an assessment! Our kids have LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it! It's $5.00, but has everything you will need for the duration of this extended text.

After the extended text, you read through many short texts. One of them is Me on the Map! So I created this ATLAS booklet to go with that. It is, here.

And for the FREEBIES,
we read, How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World (below).


We used this 3 column chart to help us write our narrative!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ally ,

    I happened to chance upon your blog and found it very interesting!

    We have recently launched a science app that uses augmented reality to enhance classroom teaching. The app has 3D models for kindergarten to grade 12. I thought you might want to check it out and may be review it on your blog, if possible.

    It is a paid app(with a few models free) but in case you are interested in trying it out I will be happy to provide you with a free copy.

    The link to the app is: 

    iPhone/iPad
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/augmenter-augmented-reality/id997354409?ls=1&mt=8

    android:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.augmented.android

    You can also search for the app on the app store as 'Augmenter'.

    Do let me know if you would be interested. I am really Looking forward to your response.

    happy teaching!

    Antara
    antara@augmenterapp.com
    http://augmenterapp.com/

    ReplyDelete